Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 07:48
Written by Super User
An eyebrow uplift softens the deep creases across your forehead. It reduces the horizontal frown lines at the top of your nose and the vertical lines between your brows.
The result is a more relaxed and refreshed appearance. The procedure is often performed along with a facelift or other facial rejuvenation procedures.
Length of Surgery:
60 - 90 minutes.
Procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and is a day case.
What to expect immediately after the operation:
There is minimal downtime with this procedure and, as the patient is only under local anesthetic, they are able to contribute to deciding the final position of the eyebrows. Bruising and swelling is minimal and any discomfort can be managed with analgesia such as Paracetamol.
- It is advisable to rest well after the procedure.
- Adviseable to wait 2 - 3 weeks before participating in strenuous activity or sport.
- Following the procedure, the patient will need to visit the surgeon weekly until fully healed
- Proactive approach with massage therapy for scar.
- Massage scar 2 - 3 times a day for 20 minutes each time with enough pressure to blanch the skin. This may be uncomfortable to begin with as but will gradually get better.
- Silicon sheet or gel
- Support garments to be used
- Arnica capsule and cream
- Asymmetrical Lift, which can be corrected
- Bunched up skin which will take a few weeks to settle with massage and patience.
One common technique for performing a brow uplift requires an incision across the top of the scalp, beginning above your ears. The incision may be placed toward the middle of the scalp where it is hidden within your hair or at the front of the hairline. Through this incision, your plastic surgeon can modify or remove parts of the muscles that cause wrinkling and frown lines, remove excess skin and lift your eyebrows to a more pleasing position.
Achieve an Ultimate New Look
Book An Appointment Now
If you are interested in a particular treatment, please contact us or to find out more about our clinic, please click here.