DR Safdar Ali
DM, FRCP, CCST, MBA(e), Dip HA
Consultant Physician Diabetologist & Endocrinologist
Dr Safdar Ali obtained his Medical degree from Sindh Medical college and university of Karachi. He obtained specialist training in General Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology from the UK after completing the specialist training program with university college London hospitals. He has over 20 years of experience in the field and has served as a consultant Endocrinologist in hospitals in the UK and middle east.
Dr Safdar has headed diabetes care in intermediate and secondary care settings in the UK and Imperial College Hospital Abu Dhabi and has a number of research publications in the field. He takes a very active interest in education and has lectured widely around the world.
His Specialist clinical interests include management of complicated Diabetes and Insulin treatment in Diabetes. He also has a specialist interest in Thyroid hormone disorders and Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Areas of interest & Services
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Hypertension and lipid disorders
- Disorders of the Thyroid gland
- Disorders of the pituitary and Adrenal glands
- Reproductive hormone disorders including male infertility and other sexual disorders
- Management of Obesity and metabolic disorders
- Osteoporosis and calcium disorders