One common technique for performing a brow uplift requires an incision across the top of the scalp, beginning above your ears. The incision may be placed toward the middle of the scalp where it is hidden within your hair or at the front of the hairline Read More
Through this incision, your plastic surgeon can modify or remove parts of the muscles that cause wrinkling and frown lines, remove excess skin and lift your eyebrows to a more pleasing position.
- Asymmetrical Lift, which can be corrected
- Bunched up skin which will take a few weeks to settle with massage and patience.
Length of Surgery 60 – 90 minutes
Anaesthesia procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and is a day case. Read More
What to expect immediately after the operation There is minimal downtime with this procedure and, as the patient is only under local anaesthetic, they are able to contribute to deciding the final position of the eyebrows. Bruising and swelling are minimal and any discomfort can be managed with analgesia such as Paracetamol.
- It is advisable to rest well after the procedure.
- Adviseable to wait 2 – 3 weeks before participating in strenuous activity or sport.
- Following the procedure, the patient will need to visit the surgeon weekly until fully healed
- Proactive approach with massage therapy for scar.
- Massage scar 2 – 3 times a day for 20 minutes each time with enough pressure to blanch the skin. This may be uncomfortable to begin with as but will gradually get better.
- Silicon sheet or gel
- Support garments to be used
- Arnica capsule and cream