Areas of interest & Services
|2017||Diet and Metabolism Specialist Course.|
|2009||MSc Diabetes Module One: Nutritional Management in Diabetes completed
X-Pert ‘Train the Trainer’ Course, London, UK
Certificate in Diabetes Care, University of Warwick, London, UK
|2006||Advanced Diploma Eating Disorders/Obesity, London, UK
Modules: Eating Disorders & Obesity in Childhood.
Practitioner skills for the management of obesity
Practitioner skills for Eating Disorder)
|2006||Shape-Up Facilitators Training Course, University College London|
|2006||Obesity Training in Primary Care|
|2001||Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK|
|1989||MSc in Home Economics (food & nutrition), University of Punjab, Pakistan|
|1987||Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, University of Punjab, Pakistan|
|1983||Secondary school examinations, Sacred Heart School, Lahore Pakistan|
UK Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC) licensed Dietitian.
Member of British Dietetic Association UK. Registration no: 6848
UAE Ministry of Health Licensed Dietitian.
Member of UAE Nutrition Group.
|2012-2016||Specialist Diabetes/Bariatric Dietitian. Imperial College London
Diabetes Centre Abu Dhabi.
|May2011-2012||Bariatric and General laparoscopyicsurgery Dietitian.
Somerfield Hospital and Nuffield Hospital UK.
|Aug 2010 – 2012||Independent Registered Dietitian, West London Polyclinic, Feltham|
|Jun 2009 – Jan 2010||Specialist Diabetes/Renal Dietitian, Full time, Southend University Hospital, NHS, Southend, UK|
|Jun 2008 – May 2009||Dietitian, Part time, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, Surrey UK|
|Apr 2008 – Jun 2009||Operational Director, Part time, West London Polyclinic, Feltham, Middlesex, UK|
|Mar 2005 – May 2006||Honorary Dietitian, Part time, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospital, UK|
|Feb 2002 – Jun 2002||Senior 1 Dietitian, Practice Dietitian at Herts & Essex Hospital, Epping P.C.T UK|
|Jun 1991 – Aug 1994||Clinical Dietitian, Full time, Ittefaq Hospital Lahore, Pakistan|
|1987-1989||Dietetic Internship, Ittefaq Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan|
|1987||Student Dietitian. Sami’s Hospital Pakistan|
- Speaker in Doctors Training Course
- Being Part of developing Insulin Pump Service at Imperial college London Diabetes centre
- Participated in Developing Diabetes Educator Programme
- Faculty and Speaker. Imperial Diabetes Educator course.
- Developed pre and post Bariatric Diet Sheets, Pediatric exercise leaflet, Carb counting leaflet, How to Read Food Labels. Hypo glycaemia, and, and Post-Transplant dietary advice, Potassium leaflet
- Involved in developing student Education Programme Booklet.
- Developed a weight loss meal replacement diet
- Written a thesis on the role of fatty acids in Cardiovascular diseases
- Developed an educational program for Gestational Diabetes
- Audit of Laparoscopic Banding in patients with Diabetes
- Development of educational sessions for groups after Laparoscopic Banding
- Project on Follow up Assessment of Laparoscopic Banding in prevention and remission of Diabetes.
- Continuing Professional Education Certification of Attendance.3 rd American Society for Nutrition Middleast congress. Feb 19-21,2014
- Clinical Research Symposium.
- A to T on Obesity: Update on Aetiology and Treatment.
- Diabetes Weekend Intensive Course.
- A 2-DayTraining Sessions on Medtronic Diabetes Technology Therapy.
- The Medtronic Carb Counting Workshop Abu Dhabi-UAE.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy for Diabetes Mellitus Workshop.
- Diet and Chronic Kidney Diseases Course
- Advanced Diabetes Conference
- Immunotherapy of Type1 Diabetes: How close are we to Clinical Practice.
- Cardiovascular-A matter of drug class or a matter of molecule.
- An integrated therapeutic approach for A1C Lowering and cardiovascular risk reduction in patients with Type2 Diabetes.
- Masterclass: Eating Disorders and Obesity in Childhood.
- Digestive Health: Tools in the RD’S toolbox.
- Beyond the Label: Food Claims Impact on consumer Behavior.
- Changing the Conversation: Culinary Techniques to meet the needs of a client’s diagnosis without sacrificing flavor for Diabetes and Heart Disease.
- Food Evolution: A Discussion for Registered Dietitian.
- Vitamin D: Its impact on the immune system, its role in auto immunity and its importance for specific auto immune Diseases.
- Post Bariatric Body Contouring Surgery: Dietitian’s Important Role in Counselling and Educating Patient’s
- Examining Popular Detox Diets – Learn about their Efficacy and Safety for Weight loss, Their Components and Potential Adverse Effects.
- Beauty and Nutrition—Evidence Based Dietary Practices Can Help Patients Look and Feel Their Best.
- The Latest Research on Low Carb Diets.
- The Role of Flax In your Diet. Its Nutritional Content and Potential to Help Prevent and Manage Various Medical Conditions.
- Plant – Forward family Meals.
- The Mediterranean Diet and Beyond Lifestyle lessons from Europe’s Healthiest Countries.
- Goal Diggers -Helping People Change Habits with Positivity and a Non-Diet Values Driven Approach.
- Modern Day Human Magnesium Requirements: The RD’S Role.
- Dietary Influence on Human Gastrointestinal Microbiota.
- Milk Protein and Human Health: A1 versus A2 Beta -casein.
- The Mediterranean Diet.
- Dietary and nutritional aspects of weight management.
- Dietary management of General and complicated Diabetes
- Obesity and Bariatric surgery